Shalom Travelers! On this page, you will find all of the information about our tour. I will keep this page updated with the latest information.
Cell Phone: 256-541-3405
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
June 5-16, 2017
Departing Flight to israel - Delta #468
- Departing New York City's John F. Kennedy International Airport at 10:30pm on June 5.
- Arriving Tel Aviv's Ben Gurion International Airport at 4:25pm on June 6.
Returning Flight from israel - delta #469
- Departing Tel Aviv's Ben Gurion International Airport at 12:15am on June 16.
- Arriving New York City's John F. Kennedy International Airport at 5:07am on June 16.
THE SEASONS BOUTIQUE HOTEL
Description: I have stayed at the Seasons a number of times. It is an older hotel, but it is a wonderful place to spend our first night. In all honesty, considering how tired we will be when we arrive, there is a good chance that you will barely remember this hotel at the end of the trip. All you will be interested in will be a good meal, a hot shower, and a flat bed. Luckily, this hotel supplies all three.
The hotel sits on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea. If our arrival flight is on time and we do not have any problems with traffic, then we should be at the hotel in time to watch the sun set over the sea. They will have dinner waiting for us when we arrive and we will have breakfast there the next morning.
Overall, it is a wonderful first stop for our tour.
THE RON BEACH HOTEL
Description: This is, by far, my favorite hotel in Israel. This family run hotel is managed by two of the grandsons of the original owner. While many hotels in Tiberias are a couple of blocks from the shore of the Sea of Galilee, this hotel sits directly on the shore. We will spend three nights here and I assure you that you will not want to leave. While we are there, the sun will not set until after 7:30. This will give you plenty of time to eat dinner and then grab a chair and relax as darkness falls across the lake. No need to request a special room since every room in the hotel faces the Sea of Galilee.
We will eat breakfast and dinner every day while we stay there. The food at the Ron Beach is some of the best you will eat while we are in Israel.
I could go on and on about this hotel, but I won't. But seriously, I love staying at this hotel. Last June, when the Appian Media team was over in Israel, we stayed here for eight consecutive nights. In fact, a number of the introduction scenes and interviews were filmed at the Ron Beach.
THE GRAND COURT HOTEL
Description: This hotel is a very large hotel and is usually pretty crowded. With that being said, they know how to handle large crowds and they always do a wonderful job of taking care of my groups. They have a wonderful breakfast and dinner buffet. Every evening, at the dinner buffet, they have a large assortment of desserts that you need to try.
The hotel is a little over a quarter of a mile north of the Damascus Gate to the Old City. If there are activities going on in the Old City while we are there, you are free to walk down there, or catch a taxi. (Although, you will probably be pretty tired by the end of the day!)
Western Wall Live Webcam - During the first century BC, King Herod greatly enlarged the Temple Mount and rebuilt the temple. The Western Wall is the holiest site in Judaism as it is the closest that the Jewish people can get to the original site of the temple. This camera will be pointed at the Western Wall 24 hours a day, except on the Shabbat.
Zefat Live Webcam - The city of Zefat (Sefad) is about 5 miles north of the Sea of Galilee. Most of the modern population of Zefat is Jewish. This camera is pointed southwest toward the hills of Lower Galilee. When it is clear, you can see the northwestern corner of the Sea of Galilee on the left hand side of the screen. The lights going up the hill from the sea is the modern city of Tiberias.
Mount Bental Live Webcam - Mount Bental is located in the Golan Heights about 3 miles west of the border with Syria. This camera is facing northwest. When it is clear, you can see Mount Hermon on the right hand side of the screen. Mount Hermon rises over 9,000 feet in elevation and sits on the border of Israel, Syria, and Lebanon. The Biblical cities of Dan and Caesarea Philippi sit toward the base of Mount Hermon.
Email Update Links
- Update #1 - December 29 (Topics: Happy New Year)
- Update #2 - January 15 (Topics: Appian Media, Tour Information Web Page, Reminder about Deadlines)
- Update #3 - February 18 (Topics: Upcoming Deadline, Tour Website URL)
- Update #4 - February 25 (Topics: Tour Guide Book, Travel Insurance, What Happens Next?, Tab's Tip: Have Fun!)
- Update #5 - March 7 (Topics: Airline Information, Mailed Packages, Tab's Tip: Pack in Ziploc Bags)
- Update #6 - March 25 (Topics: E-Ticket Information, Walking, Connecting Flights, Tab's Tip: Flight Backpack Contents)
- Update #7 - April 12 (Topics: Hotels, Connecting Flights, Tab's Tip: Hairdryers)
- Update #8 - April 13 (Topics: Delta e-Ticket Information)
- Update #9 - April 17 (Topics: Shorts, Internet in Israel)
- Update #10 - April 27 (Topics: New Traveler, Hezekiah's Tunnel, Dead Sea, Tab's Tips: Pack Efficiently)
- Update #11 - May 6 (Topics: Final Packets, Walking, Tab's Tips: $1 Bills)
- Update #12 - May 14 (Topics: Packets, Tour Guide, Luggage Restrictions, Currency Exchange)
- Update #13 - May 21 (Topics: President Trump's Visit to Israel)
- Update #14 - May 25 (Topics: Understanding the Herods)
- Update #15 - May 29 (Topics: Tips, Weather, Magdala, Last Minute Reminders...)
- Update #16 - June 2 (Topics: Lunch Money, Videos, Magdala)